This is a story you don’t ever want to write or talk about, but it’s sadly part of life. King Charles III was diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatments. I know how his family must feel as I’ve lost my cousin last year to cancer and it was treacherous watching him pass away at such a young age, so not fair to him or his family. It was awful. King Charles is 75, but that doesn’t mean it’s any easier on his family. They must be feeling it deeply right now and we sympathize with them dearly.
But here’s the tough part of the conversation that their family must have, but I’m pretty sure they don’t want to. Who’s next to take the throne? What’s the line of succession if King Charles doesn’t beat cancer? Well, that line of succession goes at least 24 people deep, but I’ll only highlight the top ten. You can read the rest on the original source, which was AP, who did the report on the line of succession no one wants to talk about. With all respects to their family, here’s the first ten people who would take over in the worst case scenario:
1. Prince William, the older son of Charles and the late Princess Diana. He is known as the Prince of Wales and is married to Kate, Princess of Wales.
2. Prince George, older son of William and Kate, born in July 2013.
3. Princess Charlotte, daughter of William and Kate, born in May 2015.
4. Prince Louis, younger son of William and Kate, born in April 2018.
5. Prince Harry, the younger son of Charles and Diana, who has relinquished his royal duties but retains his place in line.
6. Prince Archie, born to Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in May 2019.
7. Princess Lilibet, born to Harry and Meghan in June 2021
8. Prince Andrew, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s second-oldest son.
9. Princess Beatrice, older daughter of Andrew and his former wife, Sarah Ferguson.
10. Sienna Mapelli Mozzi, daughter of Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, born in September 2021.
We certainly don’t ever want to see Prince Harry in King Charles’ place. That would be an insult to their entire family as he’s nothing more than a social media celebrity at this point in his life. What’s that guy do everyday anyway? Just sit around being married? I have no idea. I just know I can’t stand the look of his face, which always seems miserable. Meghan Markle is really attractive, but maybe her personality is bad. Maybe she’s bossy or annoying or she’s got hairy armpits. Or maybe they’re perfectly happy. Either way, who knows, and who cares! We hope King Charles recovers and wins his fight against cancer. Best wishes to him and his entire family.
Photo: Fergus Burnett / fergusburnett.com