Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, but new possible details emerge

Tucker Carlson was dismissed by Fox News and his last show was last Friday. Fox News has confirmed this and thanked him for his service to the network that has been dominating many various ratings over other networks for quite some time. Fox News issued a statement that said: We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” the network said in a statement. The network also said there would be a new show at 8pm called "Fox News Tonight" that would start on Monday. That show will rotate hosts provided by Fox News until a new host is officially named. Brian Kilmeade tried hosting it, but it wasn't good and neither were the ratings.

New information comes out via Megyn Kelly who suggested that Tucker Carlson may not be officially fired, but instead - dismissed as he and Fox News work on the intricate business details of parting ways. Megyn Kelly's source wasn't named, but the information could check out over time as more information is released or leaked.

Here's what Megyn Kelly said on her podcast:


MEGYN KELLY: Tucker Carlson hasn't actually been fired. He's still an employee of the Fox News Channel. What happened was Suzanne Scott called him – she's the CEO – on Monday morning and said he was not going to be allowed to do any more shows, and that he had been kicked out of his company email. And now they're going to have to negotiate an exit. Some reporting to me suggests that she said it's going to be an amicable parting. Right? Isn't it? Completely catching Tucker off guard, but Tucker’s not fired. That's my information, that he still needs to negotiate the exit...


They pulled his show up off the air. They also fired his Executive Producer Justin Wells, and though he tried to find out why they wouldn't tell him. They refused to tell him why. I mean, to me, that's just so disheartening. He's been at the company for years. He'd been in the primetime for seven years and saw Fox News through one of the most difficult times in its history, the immediate era post Roger Ailes where they didn't know left, right, they didn't know up from down. They really didn't have strong management leaving the company. And they had lost two of their biggest stars, Bill O'Reilly and me, at least at that time...


So why? Why now? What was it that led them to treat their number one star with such disdain? I mean dripping disdain, to the point where he can no longer access his email, he doesn't get to tell his own team, he doesn't get to say goodbye? I mean, it's absolutely disrespectful to him. And unlike Don Lemon, he hadn't been immersed in controversy after controversy inside the building against his own colleagues. Yes, the leftist media had been coming after him repeatedly...


So what was it? What would make your own company turn against you like that? The Fox News audience is clearly mad and I don't blame them. It'll be interesting to see what the ratings were for the 8pm hour last night…I just think the way they handled it was disrespectful and gross. And I think Tucker Carlson deserved better. I certainly hope that he uses Brian Friedman, my own lawyer, to get the remainder of his contract.




Tucker Carlson posted a Twitter video the other night, right at 8:01pm and it got millions of views in a short period of time, showing just how many people truly tune in - and competing with the time slot that Fox News would likely need help with now that Tucker is no longer doing shows for them. Tucker Carlson was one of Fox News' top host in the prime time range. He had millions of viewers each night and some reports say he was one of the most watched 'pundit' on cable TV.

It still remains, at the time this was posted, why Tucker Carlson and Fox News parted ways. However, Tucker Carlson isn't the only host who's leaving the network. Dan Bongino has left Fox News as well.

Former Secret Service agent and long-time Fox News personality and podcaster Dan Bongino has announced that he recently did his last show with Fox News and they are parting ways. Bongino said there's no big dilemma and the two have gone their own way in a peaceful manner. Nothing crazy, just two entities going in a different direction when they failed to agree on contract terms.

“Folks, regretfully, last week was my last show on Fox News on the Fox News Channel... It’s tough. It’s tough to say that. You know, I’ve been there doing hits and working there for ten years…so the show ending was tough. “And I want you to know it’s not some big conspiracy. I promise you. There’s no acrimony. This wasn’t some WWE brawl that happened. We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension..."
whatfinger news usa journal news

SPECIAL OFFER!!! GO TO MYPILLOW.com/ILMF9 and USE MyPillow PROMO CODE ILMF9 for up to 66% off.

Comments