Hospitalized Teen Dead After Sustaining Burns After Gasoline Thrown On Fire, Charges Filed

The teen girl who struggled for her life due to being caught in a fire after gasoline was thrown at her has passed away, according to her family. Madison Lewis’, 17, mother confirmed that the teen passed away after suffering severe burns to 90% of her body as part of a reckless accident that caught her in a gasoline-fueled blaze.

The accident happened as Lewis stood around a burn-barrel and enjoyed the warmth that the fire provided. According to her mother in a statement shared by The Mirror US, a boy then came and threw a pan of gasoline on the fire, sending a massive fireball in the direction of Madison.

Madison’s mother, Ericca Hammond, said, “I thought it was a cup at first, but now I found out that it was an actual pan full of gasoline into the barrel, and they say that it just exploded and just went in her direction. It was devastating. Completely burned her whole body.”

Hammond also lamented the pain that she felt having her daughter in a medically induced coma during the Christmas season. She explained, “There’s nothing in the world more that I want and need than for my baby girl to be okay and to live a life. She’s 17 years old… This is the first year since I’ve been a mom that I didn’t wrap one Christmas gift. Not one.”

While Madison was still fighting for her life, Hammond asked for prayers as she turned to the Lord for help and safety for her daughter. She asked, “She’s supposed to graduate in May and go to college in August, but she has so much more to do out here. That’s why. I mean, she’s a warrior. She is a fighter. That’s what we need the most right now is prayers and for her healing and her poor body.”

Now, according to the New York Post, charges have been filed against 23-year-old Sebastian Lindsey for his role in the death of Madison Lewis. After Lewis succumbed to her injuries on Sunday, Lindsey is now facing manslaughter charges for the act of throwing gasoline on the fire.

After Lewis became burned and was injured badly at the scene, the group that she was hanging out with put her in the back of a private car and rushed her to a Texas hospital instead of calling an ambulance. According to the Post, this was due to alcohol being on the premises and those present being afraid of authorities finding out.

Lewis’ obituary shares a few words about the young life that is gone too soon. It reads, in part, “Maddy’s journey was marked by an unwavering spirit, resilience, and a courage that inspired all who knew her… Despite facing formidable challenges, she confronted each obstacle with a determination that left a lasting impact on everyone touched by her grace. Her precious body, tired from the arduous battle, found solace as the good Lord called her home.”

Continue reading this news story: Hospitalized Teen Dead After Sustaining Burns After Gasoline Thrown On Fire, Charges Filed

pro america shirts
whatfinger news

SPECIAL OFFER!!! GO TO MYPILLOW.com/ILMF9 and USE MyPillow PROMO CODE ILMF9 for up to 66% off. TAP HERE

Our Community

Trending News and Politics for Conservative Americans and Patriots

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baker1
Back