NYC Mayor Eric Adams indicted on federal criminal charges

Looks like the Democratic Party has a problem! NYC's Mayor Eric Adams was indicted by a grand jury on federal criminal charges, as reported by Yahoo News (source, AP). A few people spoke with AP, anonymously, and gave the news outlet information about the charges Mayor Eric Adams faces.

The report on Yahoo News quoted Mayor Eric Adams saying, "I always knew that If I stood my ground for New Yorkers that I would be a target — and a target I became... If I am charged, I am innocent and I will fight this with every ounce of my strength and spirit.” This comes not too long after fellow-Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was calling for him to resign. AOC said on X, “I do not see how Mayor Adams can continue governing New York City.” Yahoo's report further said:

The indictment marks a stunning fall for Adams, a former police captain who won election nearly three years ago to become the second Black mayor of the nation’s largest city on a platform that promised a law-and-order approach to reducing crime. For much of the last year, Adams has faced growing legal peril, with multiple federal investigations into top advisers producing a drumbeat of subpoenas, searches and high-level departures that has thrust City Hall into crisis. He had repeatedly said he wasn’t aware of any wrongdoing and vowed as recently as Wednesday afternoon to stay in office.

Gov. Kathy Hochul can remove Mayor Eric Adams, if she wants to. Many believe Adams should've been removed ages ago because he's doing a bad job as mayor.

At the time of this story, it was unclear WHAT criminal charges Mayor Eric Adams faces. Will the charges be made public? Will someone leak the information if they try to keep it private?

UPDATE 9/26 the charges are now known.

eric adams charges.jpg

Last edited:

SPECIAL OFFER!!! Remove Ads from TrendingViews.com for $4.99.

Members can Upgrade To Premium Here.

If you're not a member yet, then what are you waiting for? Get your FREE ACCOUNT here and upgrade to PREMIUM when you're ready :)

whatfinger news

MyPillow Coupon Code: GO TO MYPILLOW.com/ILMF9 and USE MyPillow PROMO CODE ILMF9 for up to 66% off. TAP HERE

Our Community

Trending News and Politics Discussion board and forums.

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike pollak
Back