Allen Iverson wants to rejoin the Sixers organization

Philly basketball fans may be in for a treat one day if this ever comes to fruition. Legendary Sixer Allen Iverson reportedly told Rachel Nichols, during an interview on Headliners, that he’d like to join the 76ers organization, bringing his talents and knowledge of basketball back to Philly.

According to reports, Iverson said: “My role there is nowhere near what I think it’s supposed to be… I love that organization for everything they did for me… I want to give them more of what I have… My role there is nowhere near where I think it should be… I love Philadelphia so much and I love that organization for everything they did for me. They made me a household name.”

His role, according to what he’d like to do, would likely be mentoring players on certain aspects of the game – but all of that is unknown at this point. I’d like to see Allen Iverson teach the 76ers how to get to the finals and out of the second round of the NBA playoffs, but you really can’t teach someone how to have heart or be the biggest/baddest person on the court.

That’s a mentality thing and until the 76ers find people with that Mamba mentality that requires a ton of work and preparation, then they’ll just keep getting bounced out of the second round. Iverson doesn’t want to coach, just be a mentor to players, and I think that’s an awesome idea. Iverson was a tough dude on the court and his skills and getting to the NBA finals proved it.

“I wish I could take it back” – Allen Iverson tells me just how much it bothers him when fans walk up to him and shout “Practice!” Also, um, ALLEN IVERSON IS ON HEADLINERS THIS WEEK. The interview already happened & I still may faint, I’m so excited. Airs on Showtime & Paramount+ pic.twitter.com/9imGekU7kX

— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) December 21, 2023

Photo: screenshot from embedded video

Read more sports news and commentary at Raw Dog Sports Blog

Continue reading...

whatfinger news

SPECIAL OFFER!!! GO TO MYPILLOW.com/ILMF9 and USE MyPillow PROMO CODE ILMF9 for up to 66% off. TAP HERE

Our Community

Trending News and Politics Discussion board and forums.

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsca1002
Back